Join us on August 28th and September 25th for our 2-part LGBTQ+ Training Series.
LGBTQ+ and Disability Part 1: An Introduction to Working with Clients with Intersecting Identities
Recorded: Friday, August 28, 2020 2:00 PM-3:30 PM EST
- Increased knowledge on the application of CRC/ACA ethics for working with LGBTQ+ Youth
- Increased knowledge and ability to utilize common language around LGBTQ+ identity
- An understanding of intersectionality as it relates to LGBTQ+ identities and other marginalized identities
- Identify common narratives faced by LGBTQ+ Youth and Youth with Disabilities including the intersectionality of identities
- The ability to describe the socio-political impacts on work with gender expansive adolescents or gender expansive clients
LGBTQ+ and Disability Part 2: An Introduction to Working with Clients with Intersecting Identities
Recorded: Friday, September 25, 2020 2:00 PM-3:30 PM EST
- Understanding the implication of power and privilege in the counseling relationship as it relates to LGBTQ+ and disability identities
- How to support LGBTQ+ people, including Transgender and Gender Expansive persons, in their pursuit of work
- The ability to locate local resources to support LGBTQ+ communities
- A desire to examine your own agency’s policies and procedures toward ensuring safe and inclusive services.
- Addressing questions that arose from Part 1