The VR Development Group is proud to announce an exciting free webinar on autism and employment. Designed for Vocational Rehabilitation Specialists, Employment Specialists, and young adults (17-24) living with Autism. This webinar will introduce tools to assist people with ASD in obtaining and maintaining employment.
- Explore tools to advocate for sensory based accommodations
- Learn a strategies for transitioning from to high school to post-secondary education or work
- Discover MI strategies for working with young adults with Autism
- Recognize symptoms of common co-occurring mental health conditions in people with ASD
- Receive tools to prepare young adults with ASD for interviews and employment, disclosure about diagnosis tools
Sean M. Inderbitzen
Sean is a Behavioral Health Therapist for Northlakes Community Clinic, and lives with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. He has a caseload of 25% of his patients that live with ASD and varying comorbid psychiatric conditions. Prior to being a mental health clinician, he was a Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist for Wisconsin Division of Vocational Rehabilitation for 3 years. He was also appointed by Governor Walker to the Statewide Independent Living Council of Wisconsin.
He is an incoming Member to the Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers, and provides training on Motivational Interviewing, ASD and Employment, ASD and Comorbid Psychiatric Conditions. If interested in a consult please email him at Seabindie@me.com
Katherine Hurley, MA, MFA
Katherine is a PhD student in Counseling at The George Washington University Graduate School of Education and Human Development. She works for the GW Center for Rehabilitation Counseling Research and Education, supporting rehabilitation counselors in training. She has been awarded grants and recognition by the Social Security Administration and others for her research toward increasing employment opportunities for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder.