Join us for the third of a four-part webinar series on Career Pathways. We will share some specific strategies from the Virginia Career Pathways for Individuals with Disabilities. Items we will address during the webinar include:
- How the Virginia Career Pathways for Individuals with Disabilities approach has infused assistive technology to improve credential attainment and employment outcomes for participants.
- How to identify assistive technology devices used in modern manufacturing, logistics, and information technology or IT, and understand how participants can use these devices in their own agencies.
- Understanding how self-regulation and sensory assistive technology can help individuals learn and enhance their ability to focus.
- Understanding how a CPID assistive technology partnership model has been developed for sustainability and how they can use a similar model in their agency.
This webinar is hosted by the Career Pathways for Individuals with Disabilities, or CPID project in Virginia, including the Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services, the Virginia Department for the Blind and Vision Impaired, and the George Washington University Center for Rehabilitation Counseling, Research, and Education.
This webinar is close captioned and a transcript is available below.
Evaluation and CRC Credits:
We encourage you to please complete the evaluation survey for this webinar. If you would like to obtain CRC credits, you will need to complete the evaluation after viewing the webinar.
Dr. Rob Froehlich, Ed.D., LPC, CRC
Project Director/Adjunct Professor
The George Washington University Center for Rehabilitation Counseling Research and Education (CRCRE)
(804) 794-6667 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Carrie Clawson, OT/L, ATP
DARS Assistive Technology Specialist
(703) 731-9112 | Carrie.Clawson@dars.virginia.gov
Peggy Fields, PHD
Program Director - Rehabilitation Technology Services
Virginia Department for the Blind and Vision Impaired
(804) 371-3776 | email@example.com
Virginia Assistive Technology System (VATS)
(757) 810-8599 | Barclay.firstname.lastname@example.org
Paula Martin, OTR/L
CPID Assistive Technology Specialist
(540) 332-7453 | email@example.com
These are all of the links and resources referenced in the presentation:
- Virginia Career Pathways for Individuals with Disabilities (CPID) Project site
- VA Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services (DARS)
- VA Department for the Blind and Vision Impaired (DBVI)
- Virginia Assistive Technology System (VATS)
- Virginia Community College System (VCCS)
- VR Workforce Studio
- Wilson Workforce Rehabilitation Center (WWRC)
- JAN - Job Accommodation Network
- AOTA - American Occupational Therapy Association