The George Washington University Center for Rehabilitation Counseling Research and Education (GW-CRCRE) is a national leader in Rehabilitation Counseling education and research, and strives to provide opportunities for growth and development to diverse populations. The Center has a long and rich history of collaboration, valuing the role of partnerships in promoting positive change in our society. A core value of the Center is to seek excellence through the application of research to practice through the provision of high-quality training and technical assistance programs to promote full inclusion of persons with disabilities in their local communities, the workforce, and society- at-large.
The Center for Rehabilitation Counseling Research and Education seeks to expand its efforts as we face new challenges in the 21st century in the following three areas:
- community research and education collaboration,
- research utilization and dissemination, and
- online services/training.
The Center values the involvement of the entire community in these goals, as it is not only desirable, but essential to their achievement. In addition to faculty, staff, and graduate students, the Center supports the involvement of the undergraduate community, as well as non-GW-affiliated community residents, to ensure our programs are inclusive of our broad community. We are stronger together!
- San Diego State University (SDSU)
- Southern University (SU)
- Employment Resources Incorporated (ERI)
- University of Richmond (UoR)
- University of Wisconsin – Stout
- University of Wisconsin – Madison
- Deaf Access Services (DAS)
- National Disabilities Institute (NDI)
- Council of State Administrators of Vocational Rehabilitation (CSAVR)
- National Council of State Agencies for the Blind (NCSAB)
- National Council of State Rehabilitation Councils
- Virginia Development of Aging and Rehabilitative Services (VA DARS)
- Jewish Vocational Services (JVS)
Funding: Department of Education Grants, US Department of Health and Human Services, Local/State Funding
- Center for Innovative Training in Vocational Rehabilitation (CIT-VR)
- Master’s Program in Rehabilitation Counseling (2)
- WINTAC- Workforce Innovation Technical Assistance Center
- Career Pathway for Individuals with Disabilities
- Vocational Rehabilitation Return on Investment in Vocational Rehabilitation
See upcoming and previous events, papers and publications, and other news and activities.