Virtual Mini Conference: Understanding Long COVID – Implications for Vocational Rehabilitation Professionals
Recorded Date: Wednesday, January 11, 2023
Time: 2:00 - 5:00 PM ET
Location: Live on Zoom.
CRCs: 2.5 CRCs available upon completion of the quiz and evaluation (link below).
View this Training (5 Videos)
Introduction & Session 1 – From Epidemiology to Clinical Care
Session 2 – Psychosocial Issues and the Provision of VR Services
Session 3 – Legal and Service Delivery Dimensions
Session 4 – Accommodations in the Workplace
Session 5 – The Stigma of Long COVID: Ethical Implications for VR Professionals
- Part 1 – Sessions 1 & 2: Understanding Long COVID Mini Conference Presentation Slides (pdf)
- Part 2 – Sessions 3, 4 & 5: Understanding Long COVID Mini Conference Presentation Slides (pdf)
- Vitamin D Role In Long COVID Nutrients 2022 – Barrea (pdf) | Web Version: Vitamin D: A Role Also in Long COVID-19?
More About This Mini Conference
Join us for a live mini conference that explores the multifaceted dimensions of those impacted by post-COVID conditions or Long COVID. Presenters will also provide strategies for VR professionals to assist their clients impacted by these conditions. There will also be time for your questions. The following information sessions will be offered:
- Session 1 - From Epidemiology to Clinical Care
- Session 2 - Psychosocial Issues and the Provision of VR Services
- Session 3 - Legal and Service Delivery Dimensions
- Session 4 - Accommodations in the Workplace
- Session 5 - The Stigma of Long COVID: Ethical Implications for VR Professionals
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Sharon Saydah, Ph.D. MHS, Lead (acting), Post-COVID Conditions and Long Term Sequelae Team
- Jennifer Rittenhouse Cope, MD, MPH, FIDSA, Lead, Post COVID Conditions Team
Center for Rehabilitation Counselor Research and Education (CRCRE)
The George Washington University
- Kenneth C. Hergenrather, Ph.D., CRC, Professor, Co-Directors of CRCRE
- Barb Dos Santos, MA, NCC, MMHC, Doctoral Student, Counselor Education & Supervision
- Nichole Tichy, MA, CRC, Doctoral Student, Counseling and Human Development
- RoseAnn Ashby, MSEd, Rehabilitation Policy Consultant
- Linda Hedenblad, MSE, CRC, Senior Research Associate
Job Accommodation Network (JAN)
- Tracie DeFreitas, MS, Director of Training, Services, and Outreach
This training was developed with support from the: Center for Innovative Training in Vocational Rehabilitation (CIT-VR), funded under (#H263C190007) by the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services (OSERS), Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA).
Opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect the position or policy of the U.S. Department of Education nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Department of Education.
This training will be close-captioned and a transcript will be available.