The Seven Secrets of Effective Remote Supervision Uncovered
Recorded: Wednesday, February 17, 2021
In response to the pandemic, many State VR agencies are permitting their staff to work from remote locations, including their home. The webinar explores techniques for effective supervision of personnel working at a State VR agency remotely. This webinar focuses on ways supervisory staff can shift their work practices to effectively manage rehabilitation services and programs.
Topical areas covered include:
- Modeling appropriate work behavior to improve performance of the work unit
- Designing an effective workspace in a home office and establishing daily routines
- Managing staff performance remotely
- Goal setting and developing work plans
- Developing and performing Annual Performance Reviews
- Creating professional development goals.
- Organization and planning strategies for supervisors
- Communication strategies
- Creating collaborative work teams
Resources and tools will be provided that supervisors can utilize in their daily work.
The contents of this webinar were developed with support from the: Vocational Rehabilitation Technical Assistance Center for Quality Management (VRTAC-QM), funded by (CFDA: 84.264J) and the Innovative Rehabilitation Training program (CFDA: 84.263C) funded by the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education and Rehabilitation Services (OSERS), Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA).
Opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect the position or policy of the U.S. Department of Education nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Department of Education.
This webinar is close captioned and a transcript is available.
Melissa Diehl, M.A. Ed., CRC