Clinical Supervision Series – Module 1: Introduction to Clinical Supervision
More About this Training
For aspiring, new, or seasoned supervisors, this training will provide practical skills, knowledgeable insights, and proven practices to improve your vocational rehabilitation counselor supervision skills.
This first training module will provide the foundation for the other materials that you're going to be learning in the Clinical Supervision Series. We hope that your knowledge and skills about clinical supervision will be enhanced, and that it serves as a model for you in your work with other counselors.
- Define clinical supervision and how it complements administrative supervision
- Provide basic principles of clinical supervision and how it is practiced in State Vocational Rehabilitation Agencies.
- Review the roles of supervisors and their importance to counselor’s professional development.
- Contrast effective and ineffective clinical supervision behaviors and its impact on Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors
- Review five common but mostly ineffective roles supervisors use when providing clinical supervision.
The contents of this training was developed with support from the: Center for Innovative Training in Vocational Rehabilitation (CIT-VR), funded under (#H263C190007) by the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education and Rehabilitation Services (OSERS), Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA).
Opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect the position or policy of the U.S. Department of Education nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Department of Education.
This webinar is close captioned and a transcript is available.
James T. Herbert
John Walsh, M.Ed., CRC