Clinical Supervision Series – Module 3: Preparing for Individual Supervision
Recorded: Wednesday, May 5, 2021
More About this Training
For aspiring, new, or seasoned supervisors, this training will provide practical skills, knowledgeable insights, and proven practices to improve your vocational rehabilitation counselor supervision skills.
Module 3 is intended for individuals who supervise Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors working in State Vocational Rehabilitation Agencies. This module describes preparation considerations as applied to individual supervision practice.
- Examine how individual supervision is practiced in State VR.
- Review pre-preparation considerations before the first individual supervision session occurs.
- Review what aspects should be included in an individual supervision contract
- Affirm the legal obligation that supervisors must understand as applied to CS.
- Provide a framework on what to address as part of individual supervision.
- Provide an outline in determining whether the individual supervision session was “good”.
The contents of this training was developed with support from the: Center for Innovative Training in Vocational Rehabilitation (CIT-VR), funded under (#H263C190007) by the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education and Rehabilitation Services (OSERS), Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA).
Opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect the position or policy of the U.S. Department of Education nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Department of Education.
This webinar is close captioned and a transcript is available.