Clinical Supervision Series – Module 4: Group Supervision
Recorded: Wednesday, July 21, 2021
For aspiring, new, or seasoned supervisors, this training will provide practical skills, knowledgeable insights, and proven practices to improve your vocational rehabilitation counselor supervision skills.
Module 4 is intended for individuals who supervise Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors working in State Vocational Rehabilitation Agencies. This module describes preparation considerations as applied to group supervision practice.
- Define and examine how group supervision is practiced in State VR.
- Review the five stages of group development process.
- Review considerations before the first group supervision session occurs.
- Provide a framework for preparing for the first supervision session.
- Examine the benefits of question focused and peer structured approaches.
The contents of this training was developed with support from the: Center for Innovative Training in Vocational Rehabilitation (CIT-VR), funded under (#H263C190007) by the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education and Rehabilitation Services (OSERS), Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA).
Opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect the position or policy of the U.S. Department of Education nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Department of Education.
This webinar is close captioned and a transcript is available.