Clinical Supervision Series – Module 5: Legal and Ethical Considerations
More About this Training
For aspiring, new, or seasoned supervisors, this training will provide practical skills, knowledgeable insights, and proven practices to improve your vocational rehabilitation counselor supervision skills.
Module 5 is intended for individuals who supervise Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors working in State Vocational Rehabilitation Agencies. This module describes preparation considerations when providing clinical supervision that is consistent with ethical and legal practice.
- Review the six ethical principles used in rehabilitation counseling practice.
- Examine how these principles impact clinical supervision.
- Examine specific sections of the CRCC Ethics Code as it pertains to clinical supervision.
- Provide a decision-making framework consistent good ethical practice.
- Revisit a basic legal premise applied to CS and address several liability concerns.
- Provide learning activities to further enhance ethical practice of clinical supervision.
The contents of this training was developed with support from the: Center for Innovative Training in Vocational Rehabilitation (CIT-VR), funded under (#H263C190007) by the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education and Rehabilitation Services (OSERS), Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA).
Opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect the position or policy of the U.S. Department of Education nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Department of Education.
This webinar is close captioned and a transcript is available.